Living in the US.

Necksta

It's a long tingHaving a British citizenship, having a job ALREADY set up before you arrive, qualifications and most importantly, $$$$, should have you set up nicely...
tis trufrom what i seen on the embassy weebsite, if u havnt got a mum, dad, or child there already, u need a masters degree and a job offer

thanks to bin laden its alot harder even for british people. education (masters), marriage and work sponsorship, are the easiest routes without headaches.the whole US embassy visa experience in london is humbling.
How so?
well just the way you begin the whole 'experience' from waiting outside in line being checked on a list, seeing American citizens pass thru making YOU wait, then security checks, walking all around the building to the back passing by the "US CITIZENS ONLY" entrance right at front, like ur not wanted to be seen, then checked again on entry, waiting for ur ticket number, taking ur finger prints and pic..asking u to stand behind a yellow line etc. everyone looked kinda shook by the time you finally got to wait to be called. and u know u cant even try to complain or nothing..mybe its me, i just never experienced all that b4.

I had to go US Embassy for a work visa, it was f*cking longness. I was waiting for hours, read about 350 pages of a book while sitting in the waiting area. Then get called up, photographed, fingerprinted, interviewed etc. It was a new experience for me too. The security is unlike anything I'd seen as well. Place wsa like a fortress, concrete defences all around the building, burly armed Marines boppin about, getting searched and interviewed multiple times, etc. It's intimidating.

I had to go US Embassy for a work visa, it was f*cking longness. I was waiting for hours, read about 350 pages of a book while sitting in the waiting area. Then get called up, photographed, fingerprinted, interviewed etc. It was a new experience for me too. The security is unlike anything I'd seen as well. Place wsa like a fortress, concrete defences all around the building, burly armed Marines boppin about, getting searched and interviewed multiple times, etc. It's intimidating.
and i dunno when you went, but its like theyre building a fortress. theres more security there than houses of parliament. cant imagine how its gonna look when they finally finish all the new 'security' infrastructure. when 10yrs ago you could breeze in like going to tescos