Could be my lucky day!!!

Em Dott

After going to plenty of shops in oxford street, regent street, and carnaby street, I got turned down quite a bit.However, one store that took my CV in Carnaby Street, the manager of the other branch in Covent Garden just phoned me 10 mins ago, asking me to come in for an interview before 7pm. And I explained my situation with uni, and he said it's alright. He's looking for someone for weekends, and then when I finish term I can get more hours.I SWEAR I NEED THIS!!!WISH ME LUCK!!!I'M OUT TO TRY AND GET A JAAAWWWWBBBB!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, let me explain as I didn't before. I was in a rush.Basically, I went to a Pepe Jeans in Carnaby Street and enquired about vacancies. Now the manager, some black woman said they just hired, but I can leave a CV. Now, due to some advice my girl gave me, I would normally just hold on to the CV as it's one less opportunity to get a job. However, something told me the whole day to hand out CVs whenever I could, so I gave it to her and explained my uni situation to her and my availability. So that was the last shop I handed it in to, and I was already feeling kinda depressed from getting so much rejection, so I called it a day.At home now, just jamming, and about 15 minutes before I made this topic I get a phonecall, and it turns out to be the manager for the Pepe Jeans in Covent Garden. Basically, he asked me a few questions, and asked if I could come in for an interview tonight, sometime before 7pm as he's gone for 2 days after that apparently. So I did what I had to at home, and flew out the house like a thief in the night.So got there, and met the manager. Interview was relaxed and went very well. he said he liked me, and was impressed, but can't tell me just yet as he is waiting for 2 more people to interview. However, he said when he is finished, around 7/7:30pm, he will call and let me know if I've got the job or not. I never jump the gun, so I won't be too cocky, but I feel I made a good impression and showed him I should be hired. I'm over excited and anxious. I need this. And it's a blessing if I get it. I'm looking for something for the weekends, and he is looking for someone to work weekends. Check the perks:-£6 an hour-40% discount, however it is 70% discount if it is bought from the warehouse-Laid back environment with hip hop and rnb played all dayMy sister used to work at the one in carnaby street a few years ago, and she said it was a job she enjoyed. Only thing I don't like though is I have a target of £500 or so a day. I hate targets. You have to rely on people being on the splashing out dough ting.But yeah, that female manager at the carnaby street branch is a blessing. He said he was phoning around, and she told him I was polite, nice, looked good and I should be given an interview.Moral of the story si:IF THEY OFFER TO TAKE YOUR CV, GIVE IT TO THEM!!! YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN!!!And to think, this was the same day I handed it in.

Thought u work at Gamestation in Coventry now though Titan?You getting 2 jobs?
Gamestation thing fell through basically. Guy said he wanted to give me a job, but changed his expectations about how often he wanted me to work. He was cool before about every other weekend, then he was saying every weekend, and I can't do that as I have commitments. And coventry is way toooooo boring to be up there all the time. So I decided to use this week off to try and get something in London. Train tickets are going to hit me hard though every weekend. I'm going to need my aunt to sponsor me some money for a little while assuming I get a job.

Ay sounds good! Convent garden is a great place to hand out CV's... my friend managed to get an interview for 4/5 shops she handed her CV into.I do love working in London, but all weekend is too much for me, especially with public transport fares. I can't even cut down on hours as they don't do half shifts on Saturday.

good luck mani need a job too, had an interview last week and didn't get the job biggrin.gif
If it's not too far for you to travel to, High Street Kensington is loaded with vacancies. I was actually meant to go Stratford and Walthamstow today, but ended up not going, but if I remember correctly you're from those sides, so you should check it out. Need to do it quick though. Interviews for xmas positions are happening around about now.Oh yeah, for people who wouldn't mind working at the Mango on Oxfor Street:They are having a big recruitment day on 26th November. Bring your CV, presentable outfit, and selling strategies as you get interviewed that day.PS: Oh yeah, f*ck the people in Zara by Oxford Circus. Saw a woman put someone's CV into a draw, yet the guy I asked told me they are not hiring. :D Trying to take man for Billy Mitchell.

well donefingers crossedyour looks are more important than u think stilli was in a costa enquiring about a job, and the guy said add a passport pick to my application form when i bring it back inthey like to know what people look like i might just add one to my cv with a nice suit on and a fresh trim

Guest Scorpzz
good luck mani need a job too, had an interview last week and didn't get the job biggrin.gif
If it's not too far for you to travel to, High Street Kensington is loaded with vacancies. I was actually meant to go Stratford and Walthamstow today, but ended up not going, but if I remember correctly you're from those sides, so you should check it out. Need to do it quick though. Interviews for xmas positions are happening around about now.Oh yeah, for people who wouldn't mind working at the Mango on Oxfor Street:They are having a big recruitment day on 26th November. Bring your CV, presentable outfit, and selling strategies as you get interviewed that day.PS: Oh yeah, f*ck the people in Zara by Oxford Circus. Saw a woman put someone's CV into a draw, yet the guy I asked told me they are not hiring. :D Trying to take man for Billy Mitchell.
might have to hit up kensington this friday, what station/line goes directly to the high street?working in stratford is a no no for me, i hate stratford

might have to hit up kensington this friday, what station/line goes directly to the high street?working in stratford is a no no for me, i hate stratford
Disctrict and Circle. But it would be very long on district, but if you are patient and don't mind the journey, you should really check it out.EDIT: In fact, if I was you, you could catch the central line all the way to Notting Hill Gate, and then change to the District or Circle (they run along the same tunnel so you could jump on any train that arrives), and it's one stop from there.