Conservatives are doing it.

Train

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/funding/com...2221655,00.html
The Conservatives will today use a parliamentary debate to increase the pressure on the government over David Abrahams' use of proxies to donate cash to the Labour party.The Tory leader, David Cameron, last night switched the subject for this afternoon's regular "opposition day" debate in the Commons from the civil service to political fundraising, as the work and pensions secretary, Peter Hain, admitted that further donations to his deputy leadership campaign were not declared.Article continuesLast Thursday Hain revealed that he received £5,000 towards his campaign - that was not declared - from John Mendelsohn. who became Labour's chief fundraiser in September.The Conservative motion to be debated states: "This house notes with concern the corrosion of public trust in democracy following the recent succession of scandals over the funding of the governing political party."Gordon Brown yesterday attempted to reassert his authority by focusing on reform of the party funding system.At a meeting of the parliamentary Labour party last night he told MPs and peers that he was as angry as any of them about the donations row and that it had highlighted the need to change the rules regarding political donations.A poll for BBC2's Newsnight last night suggested that 57% of voters viewed Brown as "tainted by sleaze" - more than twice the 28% who said the same of Cameron.But the prime minister told the meeting that rows over fundraising would not wreck Labour's chances at the next general election. "At the end of the day, it is not money that decides elections, it is ideas," he said.It is understood that Brown is ready to accept that unions should be covered by a proposed £50,000 cap on donations from individuals and organisations.Any reform package is also likely to include a limit on campaign spending covering an entire parliament, which would address Labour concerns over Tory donors like Lord Ashcroft pouring millions into marginal seats outside election periods.But Brown said he was not proposing further public funding for political parties "at this stage".The prime minister said new laws would be produced "quickly" and called for all-party support.But his attempts to move on from the current scandal were hampered by Hain's revelations.The work and pensions secretary said yesterday: "This is extremely regrettable and I apologise."And the Scottish Labour leader, Wendy Alexander, also remains in the spotlight, with opposition MSPs calling for her to resign after her campaign team admitted accepting an illegal donation from a Jersey-based businessman.Cameron, who last month pulled the Tories out of cross-party talks on funding, yesterday indicated that he would back fresh moves to secure agreement on the issue provided Labour did not "bury its head in the sand" and seek to exclude trade unions from any cap on single donations.Meanwhile the police investigation into Abrahams' donations continues. The north-east property developer donated £650,000 to Labour through third parties.Party funding laws require the original donor to be identified to the Electoral Commission when cash is given through an agent.
If Cam carries on like this, hes getting my vote. Hes a real opportunistic and is milking everything as much as he can. Good man.

if torys cum in power then my future plans of being a teacher r f*ckedlabours giving bare benefitswiping off student debtFREE private tuition for all ur childred2 name 2 big 1s

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/funding/com...2221655,00.html
The Conservatives will today use a parliamentary debate to increase the pressure on the government over David Abrahams' use of proxies to donate cash to the Labour party.The Tory leader, David Cameron, last night switched the subject for this afternoon's regular "opposition day" debate in the Commons from the civil service to political fundraising, as the work and pensions secretary, Peter Hain, admitted that further donations to his deputy leadership campaign were not declared.Article continuesLast Thursday Hain revealed that he received £5,000 towards his campaign - that was not declared - from John Mendelsohn. who became Labour's chief fundraiser in September.The Conservative motion to be debated states: "This house notes with concern the corrosion of public trust in democracy following the recent succession of scandals over the funding of the governing political party."Gordon Brown yesterday attempted to reassert his authority b?y focusing on reform of the party funding system.At a meeting of the parliamentary Labour party last night he told MPs and peers that he was as angry as any of them about the donations row and that it had highlighted the need to change the rules regarding political donations.A poll for BBC2's Newsnight last night suggested that 57% of voters viewed Brown as "tainted by sleaze" - more than twice the 28% who said the same of Cameron.But the prime minister told the meeting that rows over fundraising would not wreck Labour's chances at the next general election. "At the end of the day, it is not money that decides elections, it is ideas," he said.It is understood that Brown is ready to accept that unions should be covered by a proposed £50,000 cap on donations from individuals and organisations.Any reform package is also likely to include a limit on campaign spending covering an entire parliament, which would address Labour concerns over Tory donors like Lord Ashcroft pouring millions into marginal seats outside election periods.But Brown said he was not proposing further public funding for political parties "at this stage".The prime minister said new laws would be produced "quickly" and called for all-party support.But his attempts to move on from the current scandal were hampered by Hain's revelations.The work and pensions secretary said yesterday: "This is extremely regrettable and I apologise."And the Scottish Labour leader, Wendy Alexander, also remains in the spotlight, with opposition MSPs calling for her to resign after her campaign team admitted accepting an illegal donation from a Jersey-based businessman.Cameron, who last month pulled the Tories out of cross-party talks on funding, yesterday indicated that he would back fresh moves to secure agreement on the issue provided Labour did not "bury its head in the sand" and seek to exclude trade unions from any cap on single donations.Meanwhile the police investigation into Abrahams' donations continues. The north-east property developer donated £650,000 to Labour through third parties.Party funding laws require the original donor to be identified to the Electoral Commission when cash is given through an agent.
If Cam carries on like this, hes getting my vote. Hes a real opportunistic and is milking everything as much as he can. Good man.
I dont see how him being an opportunist deems him a suitable PM?

lolthat brown guys been waiting so long to be primeministerand when he gets his chancehe flopped
see if theyd led ur coloured arse have a seat in the partycall u Token Brown/Faganywhoo i luv u really
that brown guy = GORDAN BROWN as in OUR f*ckin PRIME MINISTERf*ckin hell!!onslaught was ryt,Kurious u need 2 step up ur mental game

r u dumb bossim refering 2 jamal as being coloured i know who gordon brown is llow tryna take me 4 jodie its not that
oh seeenmy badstil ez enuf mistake 2 make

lolthat brown guys been waiting so long to be primeministerand when he gets his chancehe flopped
see if theyd led ur coloured arse have a seat in the partycall u Token Brown/Faganywhoo i luv u really
that brown guy = GORDAN BROWN as in OUR f*ckin PRIME MINISTERf*ckin hell!!onslaught was ryt,Kurious u need 2 step up ur mental game
Calm down init.She didn't say anything out of turn.That Brown guy = Gordon Brown and what?

good chance conservative government comin in next, seein as the sun are backin them now (i am pretty sure an article sumwhere)either way its futile, most of the decisions made by labour in their run were backed by conservatives anyway, its that damned 'third way', social-capitalist. if the con's get it though its bad, hopefully voter turnout will be high and we all stick with labour, i think brown is less of a hypocrite than cam

Methinks the only diff is when cons get power all the racist sh*t that most heads be thinking becomes ok to say...secretly the labour heads think the same way as the conservatives really...their job is just to be there to create a balance and second opinion...policies are dictated by the same people year in year out...thats probably very sweeping and innacurate on many levels but im sure u lot get what i mean stillK-dot.1

Methinks the only diff is when cons get power all the racist sh*t that most heads be thinking becomes ok to say...secretly the labour heads think the same way as the conservatives really...their job is just to be there to create a balance and second opinion...policies are dictated by the same people year in year out...thats probably very sweeping and innacurate on many levels but im sure u lot get what i mean stillK-dot.1
infact its very accurate