Suicide notes

Train

Ive ALWAYS been fascinated with these. Nearly everything you wrtie or say in life is always a result of tussle between what you want to say, and what you feel is acceptable to say. Your views are always compromised by what you feel others will say/think/react to the comments you make or say. RARELY do people get the opportunity to communicate from the heart without fear of repercussions and consequences.Suicide notes are that opportunity. I dont know if anyone else will relate though biggrin.gif

thing is, anyone will say anything in the heat of the momentcommitting suicide is prolly a pretty heated momenti'd rather my anger or negativity is not what people always remeber of me
See, I always thought the process (ie, months leading up to a suicide) are the most consious and thought through process one can go through. I dont think suicide is a heat of the moment thing, I think its the most pure and honest reaction someone can produce. When you feel you have nothing to lose, your true thought and feeling are exposed. Thats what I like reading.

my mate txt me 1 nyt b4 she tried 2 off herselfits not a nyc thing 2 readspent the nxt hour tryin my hardest 2 convince her not 2 keep swallin pillsthe dumb bitch didnt listen 2 me n had like 8 while she was on the fone 2 melucky that 8 wnt do jack sh*t but make u feel like sh*t in the morninshe thanked me in the mornin still

some1 me and my siblings grew up with killed themself on some random tip...he'd been tryna call my sis allnyt the day he did it (cos they were gd friends) but cos of time diff between africa and here she was asleep...i felt f*cked for her ...sumtymes i wonder how she felt knowing she myt hav been able to convince him otherwise or jus wondering what he wanted to sayK-dot.1p.s. good topic still but kinda sick and twisted at the same time

one man killed himself bcos he was in so much debt, debt that would have eventually put his family into bankruptcy and such hardship, so he killed himself thinking that would clear his family of any past debt. in his note he said he did it for the family out of love!insurance company and some law clause allowed them to hold his wife responsible for the debts, as they are transferable. thinking of leaving planet earth Jamal?

Guest Radio Raheem...

I agree, everything is influenced by what is expected of you or acceptable by culture, if you have nothing to lose then those restraints are generally removed and the truth is all that remains.

Guest Seriouss

I don't quite agree. I think the very fact that you are leaving a suicide not at all proves you still care what people think and how they will react. While the repercussions will not effect you directly they will affect those you are leaving behind and as such the author will still think carefully (mayeb more so than any other time!) about what they are writing and try to provoke a reaction.What I find more interesting is people on death row. Why do they not just go crazy and try and break out at every oppourtunity?! What can they possibly have taken away from them once their very life has been condemed?!