Nas album cover for N.I.G.G.E.R?

Afroman

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reasonable Doubt >> Illmatic.Big claim, but imo Illmatic was way overrated.too many classics from RD - Can I Live, Regrets, D'evils e.t.c.
AT f*ckING LAST. AT FOOOOOOOKING LAST Illmatic IS the most overrated album EVER. EASILY.
Bullshit.Illmatic is a f*cking incredible album.And that's coming from someone who thinks Nas is sh*t.
I dont think its overrated because its sh*t, I think its overrated because people make statements like the above. Good album. Thats it really. And Karizma just proved my point. Album has no longevity, f*ck IT.
i dnt think any hiphop is timeless....jus my opinionK-dot.1
i find quite a bit of tupacs music timesless and some nas songs
correction..only rapper to make timeless music is Tupac...reason being that they keep puttin his verses on new beats...reasonable explanation.Otherwise hiphop changes so rapidly that u can hardly find a rapper that crosses over more than 2 generations (in music terms hats roughly bout 5 years)K-dot.1
so your defenition of timeless isthe way the artists vocals can be placed on mordern beatsi thought you mean the playback quality of the music 10+years after it was first made?

Reasonable Doubt >> Illmatic.Big claim, but imo Illmatic was way overrated.too many classics from RD - Can I Live, Regrets, D'evils e.t.c.
AT f*ckING LAST. AT FOOOOOOOKING LAST Illmatic IS the most overrated album EVER. EASILY.
Bullshit.Illmatic is a f*cking incredible album.And that's coming from someone who thinks Nas is sh*t.
I dont think its overrated because its sh*t, I think its overrated because people make statements like the above. Good album. Thats it really. And Karizma just proved my point. Album has no longevity, f*ck IT.
No offence, but your opinion is completely ridiculous.What music would you say is timeless?
why dont u ask me why i think this instead of jumpin at me likesay u write tthe law on what is and isnt said bout music...chill out manK-dot.1
Chill out? You're the one losing your rag when I question your opinion. You didn't answer my question either, so you can't even back up your opinion.Also, I just read the post you made before the one I'm quoting, and clearly you don't understand what timeless means.

People's opinions on Illmatic is a perfect litmus test on whether or not to disregard their opinion about hip-hop.LISTEN to the LYRICS ffs
SEE. THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. f*ck YOU BITCH.
The thing is, I KNOW that you're not a clueless rap fan, so I'm led to believe that you're just trying to be differentIllmatic is practically flawless, and one of the few hip-hop albums that can comfortably stand alongside the recognised classics of other music genres, as masterful works of art. It's poetry. 6kyol95.jpg"Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?"

No offence, but your opinion is completely ridiculous.What music would you say is timeless?
why dont u ask me why i think this instead of jumpin at me likesay u write tthe law on what is and isnt said bout music...chill out manK-dot.1
Chill out? You're the one losing your rag when I question your opinion. You didn't answer my question either, so you can't even back up your opinion.Also, I just read the post you made before the one I'm quoting, and clearly you don't understand what timeless means.
Blud are u serious ? Seckle ure tone with me plse cos im not a little kid and neither are you im sure...i wont even address u any further cos u have shown that u cant carry on a normal convo..come like some abused kid lookin for war with anyopne u encounter in life lolK-dot.1

It Was Written better than Reasonable....LMFAO, get out of this topic bossman, no place for your stupidness.
This is wot I hate about these 'classics', why am I expected 2 like it more?i'd rather listen to an AZ or Cormega album over most 'classic' albums bare people make their midn up over the musics history rather than the actual music

Blud are u serious ? Seckle ure tone with me plse cos im not a little kid and neither are you im sure...i wont even address u any further cos u have shown that u cant carry on a normal convo..come like some abused kid lookin for war with anyopne u encounter in life lolK-dot.1
SKEEN.I'll ask you again in a few days when you're off your period, cause you're getting excited for no reason. You're the one looking for war, all I did was ask you a simple question & you started getting all menstrual.Any bitch.

All Eyez On Me is a classicwould have been even more highly rated if there were less tunes on itAmbitionz Az A RidahAll Bout UHow Do You Want It2 Of Amerikaz Most WantedLife Goes OnOnly God Can Judge MeTradin War StoriesCalifornia LoveI Ain't Mad At ChaWonder Why They Call UPicture Me RollingAll Eyez On Me

People's opinions on Illmatic is a perfect litmus test on whether or not to disregard their opinion about hip-hop.LISTEN to the LYRICS ffs
lol was about to say the same thing but in a more inflammatory way plus any good music is timeless illmatic is the pinnacle of human civilization on waxbeen downhill from there

Illmatic is overrated.I rate Gods Son, It Was Written, Stillmatic higher than Illmatic.Nas is a legend period, but for people to claim Illmatic is arguably the best Hip Hop album of all time is beyond me. Illmatic isn't flawless, it has no replay value. I can't pick out 2 tracks from the album that will make it onto my ipod.

Illmatic is overrated.I rate Gods Son, It Was Written, Stillmatic higher than Illmatic.Nas is a legend period, but for people to claim Illmatic is arguably the best Hip Hop album of all time is beyond me. Illmatic isn't flawless, it has no replay value. I can't pick out 2 tracks from that album will make it onto my ipod.
maybe yr a beats and hooks guy

It Was Written better than Reasonable....LMFAO, get out of this topic bossman, no place for your stupidness.
This is wot I hate about these 'classics', why am I expected 2 like it more?i'd rather listen to an AZ or Cormega album over most 'classic' albums bare people make their midn up over the musics history rather than the actual music
Thats true.

certain guys have me confused with their classmates....im not on here to exchange insults with some kid on a laptop/pc ...im not that guy so sum1 needs to tell my man to go find himself another yute to pick a playground fight bout hiphop with lol.Nuff sedK-dot.1
i wont even address u any further
10 minutes that lasted.Calm yourself.

Illmatic is overrated.I rate Gods Son, It Was Written, Stillmatic higher than Illmatic.Nas is a legend period, but for people to claim Illmatic is arguably the best Hip Hop album of all time is beyond me. Illmatic isn't flawless, it has no replay value. I can't pick out 2 tracks from that album will make it onto my ipod.
maybe yr a beats and hooks guy
nah i like albums that are lyrically good, but I prefer the full package, somethin Illmatic imo doesn't have. Anyway at the end of the day:MUSIC >> LYRICSThe music is whats important.Prime example, man like cassidy who is lyrically gifted, but he makes crap music, which result sin pissy albums.

lol was about to say the same thing but in a more inflammatory way plus any good music is timeless illmatic is the pinnacle of human civilization on waxbeen downhill from there
Seriously.I'm all for the personal nature of music, and the subjectivity of its value and all that other hippie sh*t, but if you don't agree with this, you are simply WRONG.

STILLMATIC ILLMATIC IT WAS WRITTEN I AM > REASONABLE DOUBTJAY STANS NEED 2 CALM DOWN
I don't even rate Jay-Z highly.But it's a fact that Reasonable doubt is a better listen than Illmatic.Don't care how lyrical Nas is.Music >> Lyrics everytime single time

STILLMATIC ILLMATIC IT WAS WRITTEN I AM > REASONABLE DOUBTJAY STANS NEED 2 CALM DOWN
I don't even rate Jay-Z highly.But it's a fact that Reasonable doubt is a better listen than Illmatic.Don't care how lyrical Nas is.Music >> Lyrics everytime single time
Illmatic has more replay value than any other hip hop cd ive ever heard which is why its such a classic album