Hip Hop is dead?

Train

I think the change in the type of fanbase has also added to HH's bad fortunes...I mean, it's one thing to stay relevant, but to totally disregard some of the older MC's as 'tired' or 'swag' when they're probably your rapper's favourite rapper is sickening...That and fans taking rappers as mentors...
Fact is hip hop needs some new emcees to be allowed to take the bat & push themselves.Like I said bar 50, Eminem & Kanye, all of the remaining hip hop SUPERstars where dropping albums in 1996, thats 12 years ago...
Everyone's to blame.No StarsNo artists coming through And no hit producers
The superstars are a majot part of the blame IMO... Like I said in '96 the seeds where planted... They ONLY brought thru man they knew could only stand underneath them to maintain there pockets staying fat & their legacy & fame staying intact.The only reason you have Eminem is cos Dre wasnt interested in being a rapper, 50 cos Eminem need something to give back to hip hop & Kanye cos Dame wasnt a rapper...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its true tho, I like Jay but a lot of things said about him inparticular are true. As a superstar he suppose to do things for the further betterment of hip hop, but he wont.When he saw the Dips about to takeover the Roc, he got rid of them...He never signed Kanye, & wouldnt have let him have that much freedom with the marketing budget on his debut if Dame wasnt there...He took over all the artists, & most stayed only went with him cos they thought "well Jay has the label name & the distribution, as much as I know Dame wants us to win he has neither", but look now he has left them there, and when he was there they was getting a bum deal so imagine now...He became a puppet, for his own betterment. Too many of the top guys who should know better have done the same. Look at Puffy too...