Eazy E.....

Train

You forgetting all of Dre's lyrics were written by Cube and EZ E
hmmm, dunno bout that onei kno Cube's role within the group early on was merely songwriting, not even performingbut Eazy? i read one interview wit D.O.C. years ago in The Source, he was sayin some sh*t bout Eazy havin terrible rhythm, bein sh*t at writing lyrics and takin ages jus to get one line out in the booth, and how D.O.C. was the second songwriter behind Cube, writin tracks like 'We Want Eazy' and suchof course after Cube left D.O.C. became lead songwriter, what with loosin his voice and everything, its nuts tho, check the songwrtiting credits for Niggaz4Life, Chronic & Doggystyle, D.O.C's on the credits for sooooo many tracks, without even rappin

hmmm, dunno bout that onei kno Cube's role within the group early on was merely songwriting, not even performingbut Eazy? i read one interview wit D.O.C. years ago in The Source, he was sayin some sh*t bout Eazy havin terrible rhythm, bein sh*t at writing lyrics and takin ages jus to get one line out in the booth, and how D.O.C. was the second songwriter behind Cube, writin tracks like 'We Want Eazy' and suchof course after Cube left D.O.C. became lead songwriter, what with loosin his voice and everything, its nuts tho, check the songwrtiting credits for Niggaz4Life, Chronic & Doggystyle, D.O.C's on the credits for sooooo many tracks, without even rappin
Yea cuz mans vocal chords were slashed in half.....He been writin for Dre/old death row since forever..

Eazy was never meant to be a rapper, it was more a last minute thing. Dre (I think it was) convinced him to rap. I doubt Eazy wrote lyrics or Dre, but lets assume he did. Dres actual lyrics are shite if you ask me. Ice Cube was the brains of NWA. I fail to see how anybody has raised ANY significant points to prove what I was saying was incorrect. So far, the only positive thing people have said about this guy is that 'hes entertaining' (which I conceded in the very first post), and that 'without him there was no NWA' (which is an extremely stupid comment to make seen as nobody can come to a consensus regard his ACTUAL role in the group). Some say he didnt write his lyrics, some say he wrote Dres lyrics, some say Ice Cube wrote or them all. I just dont get it AT ALL. What exactly DID he bring to NWA? That being said, his solo career was a total flop if you ask me. Funny how when everbody talks about him, they always mention NWA, when nobody really knows what he DONE in the group. Lyrically, he was poor, flow was SUPER basic, couldnt produce beats. Like I said, I do concede that he was entertaining, but if you look at the tunes he made, all were extremely basic and half hearted. Him being the 'realest' in the group is a given, everybody knows that, but thats not whats being argued here, in any way shape or form.

What exactly DID he bring to NWA?
think not of wat he brought to NWA but that he brought NWA to usman set the wheels in motion in itu have these characters in many groups,a group is the sum of its partseazy e brought a lot of gangsta to the table,without wich neeks like dre and cube wud not have been able to flex with a swagger that they did,he was responsible for the ideology of the group wich was the reason for there rise to success,also making arrangements for there first records to be pressed up and the funding of these with drug money.the notion of trying to analyse eazy es worth on lyrical ability seems misguided,which is no surprise i mite add,if u dont get it u dont get it,next u will try bring mans school grades to the table

What exactly DID he bring to NWA?
think not of wat he brought to NWA but that he brought NWA to usman set the wheels in motion in itu have these characters in many groups,a group is the sum of its partseazy e brought a lot of gangsta to the table,without wich neeks like dre and cube wud not have been able to flex with a swagger that they did,he was responsible for the ideology of the group wich was the reason for there rise to success,also making arrangements for there first records to be pressed up and the funding of these with drug money.the notion of trying to analyse eazy es worth on lyrical ability seems misguided,which is no surprise i mite add,if u dont get it u dont get it,next u will try bring mans school grades to the table
What sort of f*cked up stupid irrelevant post was that. Fancy way of saying IMAGEIM ASKING WHAT DOES THIS GUY HAVE, AS A f*ckING MC, NOT GANGSTER, NOT UND RAISER, NOT HYPE MAN, NOT IMAGE, RAPPERRRR.Im asking a very simple question, and the fact that you, or anybody else, cant answer it, just proves my first point correct. If you asked me what makes Snoop Dogg a good rapper, im not gonna spew out complete shite like that post, im going to comment on his mic ability (which I dont see as being misguided at all)Like I said, if thats all you can think of regarding what he brang to NWA, then it proves my first point correct. Im not even gonna respond again to foolishness like the post you just made.And I wasnt asking what he JUST brang to NWA in terms of lyrics and mic skills, I was asking what he BRANG, in terms of lyrics and mic skills. The only reason you see my skills question as a misguided one, is because you cant think of anything he brang to the group in respect of mic skills, if you could, I would have seen a list, not a para about him being the only person that actually thought of the concept of the group, and lived by it.

Nobody f*cking thinks he was an astronomical MC. Everybody knows he was a poor rapper. Nobody is disputing that. He's not overrated, because nobody swoons over his lyrics or rants about the precision of his flow. Musically, he brought nothing. Cube, D.O.C. and Ren wrote the songs, Dre and Yella provided the beats.But the whole thing was put together by Eazy. He assembled the group, bankrolled their first studio time with drug money. He was the street guy who knew everyone involved, the hustler who saw the opportunity, and played quarterback to put it together. So no Eazy = no NWA. (and no modern gangster rap, since Death Row basically appropriated the NWA blueprint) But to answer your query about what he brought to the group, consider the name for a moment. NW-f*cking-A. What did he bring to NWA? He brought the WA. Without Eazy the group woulda just been called Niggas.His contribution wasn't in his mic skills, it was his presence, his aura and his image. He was the focal point of the whirlwind of fervour about ghetto culture, street gangs, violence, nihilism and morality. Without the authenticity lended by his attitude, his grounded ghetto perspective and his street reputation, NWA is just a bunch of sheltered guys pretending to be hard. He was the iconic figure upon which the NWA legend was built. His presence was what had them getting discussed and quoted in government press conferences, condemned by police, and picketed by suburban housewives.The image of NWA was what pushed them into the consciousness of the time. Eazy was the architect of that image, and the main injector of it in the songs. FFS - before Eazy, Dre was dancing around all smiley wearing makeup and sequins. Eazy was the one who provided the content of NWA's songs. He didn't write the lyrics, but the material itself - was all from him. He formed the gangster rapper blueprint, the amoral antihero, the f*ck-the-world attitude, the frustrated anger at marginalisation by society, the ruthless nihilism, the careless abandonment ranting in the face of middle America. Cube, Ren, Dre - all ran with his blueprint in the group, and after. His recognisable, nasal, brash voice was the group's trademark, and the convincing carrier of that image, because it was from him it was really real

Nobody f*cking thinks he was an astronomical MC. Everybody knows he was a poor rapper. Nobody is disputing that. He's not overrated, because nobody swoons over his lyrics or rants about the precision of his flow. Musically, he brought nothing. Cube, D.O.C. and Ren wrote the songs, Dre and Yella provided the beats.But the whole thing was put together by Eazy. He assembled the group, bankrolled their first studio time with drug money. He was the street guy who knew everyone involved, the hustler who saw the opportunity, and played quarterback to put it together. So no Eazy = no NWA. (and no modern gangster rap, since Death Row basically appropriated the NWA blueprint) But to answer your query about what he brought to the group, consider the name for a moment. NW-f*cking-A. What did he bring to NWA? He brought the WA. Without Eazy the group woulda just been called Niggas.His contribution wasn't in his mic skills, it was his presence, his aura and his image. He was the focal point of the whirlwind of fervour about ghetto culture, street gangs, violence, nihilism and morality. Without the authenticity lended by his attitude, his grounded ghetto perspective and his street reputation, NWA is just a bunch of sheltered guys pretending to be hard. He was the iconic figure upon which the NWA legend was built. His presence was what had them getting discussed and quoted in government press conferences, condemned by police, and picketed by suburban housewives.The image of NWA was what pushed them into the consciousness of the time. Eazy was the architect of that image, and the main injector of it in the songs. FFS - before Eazy, Dre was dancing around all smiley wearing makeup and sequins. Eazy was the one who provided the content of NWA's songs. He didn't write the lyrics, but the material itself - was all from him. He formed the gangster rapper blueprint, the amoral antihero, the f*ck-the-world attitude, the frustrated anger at marginalisation by society, the ruthless nihilism, the careless abandonment ranting in the face of middle America. Cube, Ren, Dre - all ran with his blueprint in the group, and after. His recognisable, nasal, brash voice was the group's trademark, and the convincing carrier of that image, because it was from him it was really real
See now somebody is making sense. The thing which I perhaps didnt see, was the fact that nobody really rates him as an MC (well, at least on VIP) which makes sense. But I still think being overrate him, on a global scale and AS AN MC (which is what I was originally addressing). But the same principle applies in respect of the fact that I feel his role in the group WAS overrated, with consideration to your post. I think people overhyped his role in the group when really, he was just the image man (I was wrong in a way as I thought people were trying to say he was more than just the image guy)What I really wanted to know was why people (and personally, I know alot of hip hop fans that do this) rate him on the mic, when he was shite on the mic. Just felt he was getting more credit than he deserved if im honest. So yea, now I do KINDA see your point, although I wouldnt agree fully as I question whether he did actually do all the things you said he done, or was soley responsible for them things being done.

see if you dont know anything about nwa dont dare to call my post irrelevent stupid or use an expletive again especially wen the post is valid you jumped up little faggot.people are trying to help you see why youve made a foolish mistake here so take heedand remember life is real,this is not youtube for you,no need to be so braveprops to superstition for the breakdownand RIP eazy e

MANJUSTBROKEITDOWNthe only thing that need be said after that is this argument is poposturous, u fishin Jamal

*joins in the standing ovation*That was brilliant, well done pal. That educated me, but I never underrated Eazy-E 'cause he doesnt even come on my radar. However, Jamal I have never once heard anyone really talk about Eazy on the mic ever! From what I have heard was he is an icon, which to me doesnt pay homage to his mic skills but more his presence.That kinda done the whole dance on some switch-the-light-on, DJ's gone with his record box and someones taken the speakers type sh*t at 1am.Ahh well, better luck next time.

Great post, really it was, however me personally, I was only talking about him as an MC...