Ali vs Tyson

Davicious X

Tyson= Most overrated boxer EVER.
beg u edit that post..come off it bruvdid u ever watch some of tysons fights when he was in his prime..
Alright, most overrated ever was hype, but he still gets WAY too much credit.Yea, I did watch his fights............against journeymen and has-beens.The heavyweight division was in pretty much the same, if not a worse condition back then when he came up then it is today. There were no genuine opponents on his level, except for maybe Spinks, but even he was a blown-up light-heavyweight.He was good boxer and had tremendous technique. He also had a suprisingly effective jab for someone with a short reach. But like Superstition said, he was limited and couldn't deal with anyone who stood up to his power. All you needed was stamina, a good jab and tough chin to beat Tyson.

Im not talking about that pansy that came out of prison calling himself Mike Tyson you know. Im talkin about the guy who had marvelous accuracy when he dropped bombs. I certainly aint considering the stupd stuff he did after he came out.And as for Holyfield stopping Tyson I doubt he would have been abble to stop Tyson way back when cos even though Holyfield was a great fighter he has lost some dumb fights throughout his career.

Tyson= Most overrated boxer EVER.
beg u edit that post..come off it bruvdid u ever watch some of tysons fights when he was in his prime..
Alright, most overrated ever was hype, but he still gets WAY too much credit.Yea, I did watch his fights............against journeymen and has-beens.The heavyweight division was in pretty much the same, if not a worse condition back then when he came up then it is today. There were no genuine opponents on his level, except for maybe Spinks, but even he was a blown-up light-heavyweight.He was good boxer and had tremendous technique. He also had a suprisingly effective jab for someone with a short reach. But like Superstition said, he was limited and couldn't deal with anyone who stood up to his power. All you needed was stamina, a good jab and tough chin to beat Tyson.
It was actually Numero that said it, still biggrin.gif

who ever was talkin about tyson fighting holyfield that wasnt him in his prime, in his prime he would of beat ali.
I know that. I started this thread. My point to mentioning Holyfield was that both Holyfield and Tyson were around during Tysons peak years and I certainly dont believe that during that time Holyfield would have been able to stand up to Tyson at all.

Ali would literally run rings around Tyson, get him angered so he just starts throwing air shots and ali would hit on the counter gaining a victory.Maybe try comparing Tyson to Fraser or Foreman would be better as that would make for a better fight.
I sense bias.What could it be about your post that is setting my Spider Sense off? biggrin.gif

Ali would literally run rings around Tyson, get him angered so he just starts throwing air shots and ali would hit on the counter gaining a victory.Maybe try comparing Tyson to Fraser or Foreman would be better as that would make for a better fight.
I sense bias.What could it be about your post that is setting my Spider Sense off? biggrin.gif
Lol I refrained for quite some time from posting in this thread due to bias but some bullshit was coming out of peoples keyboards so I had to. Fair enough Tyson has had his time and is a legend but how can Mayweather be compared to Ali?

Those who think Tyson wasnt underrated didnt/ dont watch boxing or him for that matter.Infact tell me one good and genuine Heavyweight Tyson beat and I'll shut my mouth. Like someone said he came up when the crop was similar to the current crop of fighters. Larry Holmes had finished dominating similarly to what happened when Lennox quit and up came this new powerhouse from the slums of New York that was knocking guys out. Made a great story and he sold well.He was ferocious, had an attractive style made up of dynamite fists and phenomenal speed, hands and feet respectively, but he didnt beat anyone.Tyson is not in the top 5 greatest Heavyweights and would struggle to make it in the top 10. He most certainly wouldnt be in the top 10 greatest boxers ever, fact! He was one of the greatest for the sport though.