The Official F1 Thread

Admin.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Swiftie

Simply a disgraceful decision, a mclaren causing an incident with a ferrari = not liked by the stewards!It cannot even be logically justified, Kimi Raikkonen crashed out in any event, a wholly unjustified decision to fix the Championship in favour of Masa... who was conspicuously not punished for an unsafe pit lane release!McLaren best appeal.

Guest Swiftie
So deep.And he dropped the place again. f*ck*ng ridiculous.
For those that missed it, here's a lil commentary before the highlights this evening. Lewis was right behind Kimi all before the chicane, then up to the chicane he went past him, Kimi forced him wide so Lewis had to skip the chicane. then he was ahead of Kimi, Lewis slowed, Kimi went past, Lewis was then fully behind him and out breaked Kimi down the inside.Then the dumbass CRASHED.. Its not like he was prevented from winning the race..HE CRASHED.. These stewards are on some joke ting. :angry:But then again stewards vs McLaren = Not working out.

So deep.And he dropped the place again. f*ck*ng ridiculous.
For those that missed it, here's a lil commentary before the highlights this evening. Lewis was right behind Kimi all before the chicane, then up to the chicane he went past him, Kimi forced him wide so Lewis had to skip the chicane. then he was ahead of Kimi, Lewis slowed, Kimi went past, Lewis was then fully behind him and out breaked Kimi down the inside.Then the dumbass CRASHED.. Its not like he was prevented from winning the race..HE CRASHED.. These stewards are on some joke ting. :angry:But then again stewards vs McLaren = Not working out.
Exactly, I can't see what was wrong with it. There's been worse throughout the season.Ron will be furious, because he was convinced nothing was wrong.

McLaren confirm appealMcLaren have confirmed they have lodged notice to appeal the 25-second drive-through penalty imposed on Lewis Hamilton in Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix. Hamilton, the current leader in the Formula One Drivers' Championship, was demoted from first to third at Spa-Francorchamps after stewards said he had gained an unfair advantage when overtaking leader Kimi Raikkonen at the end of the race's 42nd lap.Having cut a chicane to avoid a collision with the Ferrari driver as rain started to fall, Hamilton emerged ahead on the start-finish straight before allowing Raikkonen back past him.However, he then darted back inside Raikkonen at the next corner, with the pair's subsequent duel on an increasingly wet track being settled in Hamilton's favour when his rival slid off and hit a wall.The decision meant that Ferrari's Felipe Massa was eventually declared winner of the race, with Hamilton's Championship lead over the Brazilian cut to just two points as a result.The matter will now go before the FIA's International Court of Appeal, who will initially determine whether McLaren's protest is legal.The appeal might be ruled inadmissible, however, as Article 152 of the FIA's International Sporting Code states a drive-through penalty is "not susceptible to appeal".But if there is a case to answer, they will then assess the verdict of the three-man panel of stewards who handed down the penalty.UproarThe decision of the stewards - Nicholas Deschaux, Surinder Thatti and Yves Bacquelaine - has caused uproar, with three-time champions Niki Lauda and Sir Jackie Stewart among those offering criticism.It has also compounded the long-held theory that world motorsport's governing body are pro-Ferrari and anti-McLaren.That has since been strenuously denied by one of the stewards, Thatti, who said: "There was no conspiracy against anybody, McLaren included."We acted professionally and within the FIA rules."Describing the incident, Hamilton said: "In the closing stages of the race I was catching Kimi consistently, lap by lap, and with three laps remaining I got close enough to attempt to overtake him on the entry to the last chicane."I managed to get slightly ahead of him in the braking area for the first apex of the chicane."He fought back approaching the second apex but, in doing so, he left no room for me on the inside line."The only way for me to avoid a collision was therefore to cut inside the second apex."I came out of the second apex in front of Kimi and so I momentarily lifted-off on the straight, to ensure Kimi got back in front."The team also came on the radio and instructed me to allow Kimi to re-pass, which I had already done."As a result, Kimi crossed the start-finish line ahead of me, and 6.7kph quicker than me."After allowing Kimi to completely re-pass, I crossed from the left side of the track to the right side of the track, passing behind Kimi in the process."I then attacked Kimi on the inside of the first corner, and successfully out-braked him."DecisionMcLaren F1 CEO Martin Whitmarsh said on Tuesday: "Following our decision to register our intention to appeal the penalty handed out to Lewis Hamilton by the FIA stewards at the 2008 Belgian Grand Prix, we hereby confirm we have now lodged notice of appeal.Whitmarsh added that, as events unfolded, FIA officials had told McLaren twice that they were happy with Hamilton allowing Raikkonen back into the lead.He added: "From the pit wall, we then asked Race Control to confirm they were comfortable Lewis had allowed Kimi to re-pass."They confirmed twice that they believed the position had been given back in a manner that was 'okay'."If Race Control had instead expressed any concern regarding Lewis's actions at that time, we would have instructed Lewis to allow Kimi to re-pass for a second time."McLaren have used timing sheets to support their argument, which show that, having been let back into the lead, Raikkonen crossed the start-finish line 0.6 seconds ahead of Hamilton.Further data showed Hamilton to also be six kilometres per hour slower at that point.With no word as yet on a date for the appeal hearing, the saga is likely to cast a long shadow over this Sunday's Italian Grand Prix at Monza.

What the hell went on there? Kimi and Lewis both poor during Q2, Vettel showing the promise.
Lewis stuck to inters when they should've gone with EXTREME WETS..Silly boy.
Oh that's why, I was cooking and never heard the tv. Silly mistake by his team also they should've known better.Should do fine tomorrow though, can shoot up through the grid.