Jungle bunnies kill newlywed

The Somalian

A British newlywed has been shot dead and her husband critically injured in an apparent robbery while honeymooning in Antigua.(Advertisement)Catherine Mullany, formerly Bowen, died from her injuries after the attack in a hotel on the idyllic island.Her husband Benjamin, of Pontardawe, near Swansea, Wales, is fighting for his life in a local hospital.The couple, both reportedly 31, were staying in a cottage at the Cocos Hotel when they were attacked in what local police said may have been a robbery.The Antigua Sun reported that Mrs Mullany was shot in the head while her husband was hit in the neck.She was pronounced dead at the scene, the paper said.Antigua tourism minister Harold Lovell said the shooting took place shortly before 5am on Sunday.He told Sky News "no stone would be left unturned" in the investigation."The police are still obviously trying to work out the motive, but they think robbery will be the motive," he said."It is something that is being fully investigated by the Royal Police Force of Antigua and Barbuda. They will leave no stone unturned."The Antigua Sun said the couple were staying for two weeks and had been due to return to the UK today.Two other shootings were also reported at the weekend, it said.Andy Liburd, the paper's news editor, told Sky News gun crime was on the rise on an island normally associated with paradise."This has really sent shock waves through the entire community," he said."This is not the sort of crime Antigua is accustomed to but crime is on the increase and police need to step up their resources."Mrs Mullany's father was said to be "too upset to speak".Speaking from the family home at Plas Farm, Cilybebyll, Pontardawe, a friend said no one would be making a statement.Mrs Mullany is a registered doctor who graduated from the University of London in 2002, according to General Medical Council records.Dozens of pictures of the couple's wedding day on July 12 are posted on the Facebook social networking site.The photographs show the couple getting married at a rural church before celebrating with friends at a reception.One comment read: "Congratulations! Wishing you and your husband the happiest of lives together xxx."Mrs Mullany, who studied at Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, listed her interests as sewing, cooking, reading and gardening.She added: "Worryingly similar to retired people now that I think about it."

Guest Wavy Davy
lmfao @ me thinkin there wer some killer jungle bunnies out thereall imagining them lookin bare madwas gonna ask wer i could get one
LOL .. at no consideration for the source ... just at titleRIP dough
loli hadnt even read it (still aint fully read it)but i read jungle bunnies kill couple man was all thinkin.. why havent i heard of these b4.. they seem sick

Guest WAVE MACHINE
he might as well die as well. *not being deep*coz when he comes too and he realizes his wife was killed on his honeymoon, he's gonna be f*cked forever.
lol thats a big reflection on UR mindset tbh