FAO Those That Play Football

Avon Barksdale

Guest Wavelength

My current coach says I'm like Ledley King when he was actually playing week in week out and made that sick recovery tackle on Robben @ WHL.He says I have a mistake in me but I've got the speed to bail me out.I've always been a ball playing composed centre back, whenever I don't venture out with the ball I get asked why at half time. My coach thinks because of my speed and ability on the ball, along with my defensive strengths,I'd be best suited to right back, long term.Need to get my fitness up for next season and maybe convert to that role.

I remember saying it in the other thread.The way I'm trying HARD to place less emphasis on my physical attributes & rely solely on tekkers/movement is hard...Using my brain more though, compared to last year. Going to work on technique/striking the ball properly this year. Wanna get 10-20 goals, playing for my Saturday team & university team next season. Might captain the university side aswell, owww....

I have played in many many roles over the yearsat first a poacher as I had the natural instinct infront of goal which ended up with me finishing with 17 goals in 21 league games for my sunday league side Belmont United. My weakness was my dribbling and creativity if I didn't have the ball in the box I was bascially uselessthis was back in 2002/03That summer we had a training camp type of thing down at Wales with Cardiff and other sides in a tournament guys like Aaron Ramsey played I was older than him by a couple of months but he was showering down allegedly we never got to play them as we got knocked out.We had some coaches who coached us close control and dribbling when I left the camp I felt that aspect of my game improved ALOT. I watched footballers more closely trying to pull off moves they didfollowing season I played as a right winger/support striker/attacking midfielder despite my finishing as the teams top goal scorer our coach thought that one other guy was better suited to be a striker but he was shiiiiiiiiiiitI didnt complain and got 8 goals and 8 assists in 29 games I felt that was quite a poor return but now I was much more rounded as a footballer and my skill was my best attributethen played in the Barnet cup and impressed getting trials for West Ham under 17's and not joining due to some personal problemsnow most of my games I play as a support striker people I would compare myself to are Robinho or David Silva although I score moreI need to improve my stamina because gym has improved my frame used to be skinny when I was younger meaning I would drift in and out of gamesBascially with out sounding like a big head I was sick and could have played semi-pro atleast just wasn't mentally stable or composed enough

Who does everyone play for?Whats your position in that league
I used to play for Chalfont St Peters. semi professional team we competed in the spartan league which is Tier 9/10 I have a list of those who i've played for in the past 5 years but that was my highlight. even had trials with doncaster rovers but that failed.I play as DM frequently play as full back if required.Compairson - Zokora game is based on this dude. I hold the ball, and run with it. I do love a tackle and had the worst record at the club at the time for yellows and reds.