How a record gets leaked.

Tayven

Saw this at another site...though I'd share.how-a-record-gets-leaked.giff you’re having a hard time reading the above…In the time between an album’s completion and its official release, there are all sorts of chances for it to escape:At the Studio * As soon as a record is finished, anyone from the producer to the engineer to the band members can spoil the fun (4 months before release)At the Label * Labels send albums to companies like Sonic Arts to add a digital encryption code that can identify uploading evildoers… but not necessarily stop them (3 1/2 months before release)By the Press * Considered to be the most common source of album leakage, watermarks or not. Oops! (3 months before release)At the Plant * While in the process of being manufactured, a CD is ostensibly secured under lock and key, but sometimes copies fall off the back of trucks (1 month before release)At the Warehouse * Once CDs await shipping to retailers, it’s virtually guaranteed that a copy will find its way online (2 weeks before release)At Retail * And of course, once an album is available for sale online or in stores, all bets are off

its no secret though its no different from any other form of theft that is EASY to do.if you work in a place like say selfridges and no you got a runnings with the delivery driver and you can move some garms with a low chance of gettin caught and people making noise about it ya gonna do it.whats nuts about music leaking is there are SO MANY people that are probable to do it you wont EVER find the person who leaked it and the music biz is snakey anyway.

interesting i actually think most people know this but havent actually looked at it as boldly as this.a bit demotivating tbh.
True.All that time spent in the studio making songs..... and some people (myself included) get it for free.But then again, some artists leak their own music. The Group Little Brother for example.

interesting i actually think most people know this but havent actually looked at it as boldly as this.a bit demotivating tbh.
True.All that time spent in the studio making songs..... and some people (myself included) get it for free.But then again, some artists leak their own music. The Group Little Brother for example.
their reasons are justified just look at saigon and papoose their albums taking LONG to come up f*cked it up for them imo so in them cases when labels are on a play ting LEAK IT YES.

i've forgotten what it's like to actually hand over money, in exchange for music. :lol:
thisand i always gas to myself when its an artist like nas and jeezy by saying 'oh ill download it to see what its saying if its good i will 100% buy it" but i never do