The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

However it is a good thing for Liverpool they are able to splash cash again. Consider yourselves lucky you were taken over. Because if the Torres bid had come in when you still had Hicks & Gillett, you would be finished.

Triple pos for that...

Liverpool fans need to understand that if they disagree for the fee we have paid for Carroll then they need to remember where we were only 3-4 months ago, didnt know if we were going into administration, 9 points deducted. Certain fans were not bothered about getting relegated as we would then have to start afresh.

Under our previous owners how much of the £50million would have been reinvested into the first team? Under our new owners, 2 days in a row we have smashed our transfer window and smashed it again the day after.

£35million for Carroll, give it a year+ and Carroll will sell more shirts than Torres. We are a world wide brand, Chelsea are a brand in West London. Our commercial divison is going to milk the signings of Carroll and Suarez.

Suarez Carroll Kuyt*

Lucas Gerrard Meireles

Johnson* Agger Carra Kelly

Reina

Those two signings have done so much for our first team already, in the summer we need a Left back and another wide man to replace Kuyt and we WILL be better off.

Like some one said on a Liverpool forum...

Liverpool Football Club existed before Fernando Torres and will after, you do not support a club because of one player, and you buy the shirt because of the crest on the front of the shirt rather than the name on the back!
  • Upvote 1

I don't even feel hatred towards Torres, just disappointment. I was resigned to him leaving a while back but not to Chelsea.

This is the culmination of a catalogue of errors over the past few years and I hope he dishes the dirt on exactly why he left.

Imagine Chelsea get Benitez in the summer.

I don't even feel hatred towards Torres, just disappointment. I was resigned to him leaving a while back but not to Chelsea.

This is the culmination of a catalogue of errors over the past few years and I hope he dishes the dirt on exactly why he left.

That wouldnt be a bad thing

That wouldnt be a bad thing

Benitez at Chelsea would be disastrous imo, I reckon they'd dominate for a while.

Chelsea have a bit of rebuilding to do IMO. Can't see them going for Benitez.

I feel slightly indifferent by Carroll signing to be honest, think we paid over the odds, but there must be some structure in there to say it only hits £35 if we get to so and so in the league or win something. *Fingers crossed*

I do also understand that going for a teams most important striker on deadline day will effectively make the valuation a lot higher.

Hope him and Suarez can form a lethal partnership though.

I wonder who we would have concentrated on if Torres didn't act like a c*nt.

If Ancelotti wasn't your manager I would :lol: at you actually sticking to it.

Can imagine Torres would of tried to get out of it anyway, the p*ssy.

I'm amazed they parted with £50m and still accepted that request!

Won't need him anyway, Drogba gonna deal with the matter. :Y:

I wonder what the bonuses are... Champions League qualifying, League, Top 4, Goals etc...

Liverpool will get more than just the £50million cash payment

I wonder what the bonuses are... Champions League qualifying, League, Top 4, Goals etc...

riiight 50 mil plus add-ons....

I think it's less than £50m personally but that seems to be the figure out there so will go along with it.

Bonuses probably all appearences related or at least I'd hope so! :lol: