The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

That, or he realised loyalty doesn't win you trophies (unless you're from Stretford).

He can do the local hero thing at a club he genuinely loves when he's won all there is to win at Chelsea. He's done it with Spain and if this move goes half decent then he'll go back to Atleti with the complete set, before spending his final days in semi retirement being hailed as a God.

Not sure bout pool fans but

as a neutral I am literally creaming myself at the prospect of Torres in blue

f*ck Chelsea but just seeing those blue Torres shirts getting pressed on SSN LMAO

Besides we aint got to play chelsea twice this season so f*ck it

cant wait till Sunday

Let the hurt felt negs begin!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

*crying* :rofl::lmao:

lol at these scouse man dem still living in the 70's and 80's give it up 2005 total fluke an annomonly

• Downvote 1

Some great comments from the MD at Ajax about Suarez . Very promising.

Suarez also left a nice message about Ajax on his website. http://www.luissuarez16.com/en/home-en

And Van den Boog is in no doubt Suarez has all the right attributes to shine for the Reds.

"Luis is going to bring the place alive because he is a street fighter," he said.

"He arrived here with a decent reputation but he was not a big player then. In the dressing room he soon stood up and became a leader. That's why he was special."

Though Suarez faces a lengthy trip back to his native Uruguay for international matches, Van den Boog admits he was amazed by the 24-year-old's determination to return to club action as soon as possible.

He said: "When he goes on his travels to South America he always rushes back.

"Suarez is back on the training pitch the next morning when he has just flown around half the world for a game for Uruguay. He immediately puts his focus on his club again.''

He added: "We'll remember him for his incredible amount of goals and what he has done for the club. Our fans were crazy about him.''

/

Babel - Credit to Babel for his comments yesterday, has acted with a lot of dignity and maturity especially considering how things panned out for him. http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/babel-s-tribute-to-the-kop

Last thing on Torres, I won't respect him again purely because when Alonso wanted to leave he played his heart out giving us his best season and then went to Madrid ensuring we got the best deal. Alonso will always be loved by the fans purely on the basis of effort he gave even though he wanted to leave, never whined, never sulked, gave us his best and then left.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/6076250/liverpool-better-torres

Article on Torres on ESPN. A lot of people, who aren't Liverpool fans seem to think we are better off without him, which is interesting.

• Downvote 1

Although Torres is probably the best striker in the world, our attack seems solid and potentially better than it was before if we get Andy and Luis working together properly. We definitely have more dimensions to our attack thats for sure.

Babel left with his dignity in tact.

Torres left with his books thrown at him.

Reina could be off in the summer.

If this is the case....he will be missed...but maybe GIVEN could replaced him.....what do you lot think?

* edit

Big up Babel for that tweet still.

lol Given? Replace Reina? WTF are you talking about.

Not in a million years. Reina will stay

LOL...BRUV ...i hope he stays...but boy.

Really looking forward to see Suarez play for us, guy looks class and if he even gets half the amount of goals he got at ajax he will be a bargain.

/

seems like Torres will be playing on Sunday after all, I hope our fans don't abuse him to the point that he will feel justified in his decision to leave and give him fuel to score against us on some Adebayor hype.

Andy Carroll has admitted that joining Liverpool was a massive opportunity that he had to take.

The 22-year-old took part in his first training session for the Reds on Tuesday with the opportunity to meet his new team-mates for the first time.

After a whirlwind 24 hours resulting in a £35million transfer, the record-breaking forward will now concentrate on regaining match-fitness before debuting for his new employers.

Despite claiming that he was forced out at Newcastle and did not want to leave the club, the highly-rated striker admitted he now has a massive opportunity.

"When I knew [Liverpool's interest] was real and that there was a chance for me to come here I knew it was a great opportunity and I had to take it," Carroll told the club's official website.

"Liverpool is a big club which is going places and this is a chance to show what I can do. What I did at Newcastle has got me here and now I have to carry it on with Liverpool.

"It's a great feeling. The No.9 is a big number and the one I wanted. To get it at Liverpool is a great feeling.

"Liverpool is a massive club and it's nice to be wanted by a club like this, never mind turning up and being here with everyone around.

"They have spent a lot of money on getting me here and I just want to repay them for what they have spent. I want to win trophies with this club and help push us forward."

Partnership

Carroll is joined at the club by fellow new boy Luis Suarez, a player he admits he is looking forward to linking up with in the Liverpool attack.

"It's going to be great to partner with him. He's a great player but I'm looking forward to playing with all the lads," he added.

"I just need to get myself fit and then look forward to my debut. I'm just working in the gym at the moment and hopefully will start running soon. I just want to get started."

"I was pushed out, I had to leave. Newcastle couldn't turn down that amount of money so I had very little choice. But when I think about it Liverpool are a big club trying to improve. Im actually excited. My time at newcastle was great now is time to look forward.

I didnt want to leave but I plan to make the most of my time here at Liverpool"

At least thats how I'm interpreting it.