2014 FA Cup R5 - Champions League & Europa 2nd Round L1

User

Nah the analysis on RAWK is easily as good as here.

This forum shits on Redcafe  Bluemoon Arsenal Mania and all other Liverpool forums though.

There are some really good posters on RAWK, but I just need an outside opinion of Liverpool a lot of the time for some balance.

Nah the analysis on RAWK is easily as good as here.

This forum shits on Redcafe  Bluemoon Arsenal Mania and all other Liverpool forums though.

only like Juan Loco and Phase of play. Rest just repeat sh*t like parrots.

The Scribes and Writers are good.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=311110.0

Threads like these are what i'm talking about.

my point is for a long time panucci was the best right back in the world and when he started to decline guys like thuram, carr, cafu himself and zanetti all held that claim to be the best right back in the world for short periods.... but dani alves has been undisputed best right back in the world much like panucci for a long period of time... alves has held that title without opposition for nearly 8 seasons

There aren't as many good RB's now as there was in the 90's, you know this, so it's not really saying as much for Alves to hold that claim.

We will have to agree to disagree on Panucci/Cafu, I would give it to Panucci for his time at Milan and early Real but for me Cafu was the best from the mid 90's.

Panucci the best RB in 90s?  :/

Tassotti would of been Milan/Italy's RB

Cafu was no way the best RB in world football especially with Thuram about even despite playing in three world cup finals 

Cafu as a RWB then yes 

I remember the best RBs behind Thuram in 2000s were Babbel/Salgado

Dani needs to do something this summer to go clear of Cafu(Just like his club team mate and fellow goalscorer last night are yet to do anything outside the bubble that is Barcelona)

Thuram was the best when he left Parma.

Cafu was disgusting in that mid/late 90's Brazil side, they were pretty much unbeatable them time except for the France fuckup.

Tassotti late 80's early 90's but when Panucci took his place at Milan I would give it to him for those 3 years.

I never really saw South American footballer of the year Cafu, but he musta been doing bits in the early 90's to get that honour so I'm really only giving that time to Panucci out of ignorance.

babbel and salgado were any nevilles 

Thuram is the GOAT RB of the last twenty years

Cafu excelled on International stage than he did in club level

Panucci excelled in club level but was meh on the International stage(It reminds of me a few dons who are like this)

Back to Thuram(excelled in Club and International level)

Messi runs back into line as he sees Iniesta can drive into the space (i personally think it would be sucide to try and play the offside trap against Barcelona but hey) The defensive shape will have to break or allow Iniesta to continue running down on goal. As Kompany is the closet defender, he has to be ready to confront Iniesta.

If he holds his position and Iniesta scores because he failed to close down he'd be crucified, especially because the danger came from his side coupled with him being the free man.

There is no immediate danger coming from Demi's side, if Kompany has to close down Iniesta then Demi is the free CB, it's his job to pick up Messi in that situation imo.

If you wanted to disagree with Kompany being so deep then that's fair enough but I side with the fact that everyone should be following his line.

From the position of the other 3 defenders it looks like they were told to push up when they are in possession past the halfway line.

Kompany is clearly doing his own thing, if 1 or 2 defenders were out of position then I could see what you are saying but 3 of them are in a line except Kompany, doesn't make sense.

They don't have to follow his line at all, they play according to the tactics, in an ideal world he as captain would be shouting push up or drop, he clearly said nothing.

Navas lost the ball diving, then Man City were on the backfoot, it happened very quickly but Kompany was not in the best position to start with, he was the only 1 playing Messi on side, if he is further up that through ball is not even an option nor is the runner going past Zabaleta.

The fact he wanted to follow the runner and left a huge gap in the middle was suicide.

• Upvote 2

but panucci didnt really play international football  :/

i dont think he is up there with them man either but there was a few good years when he was the best in the world

cafu and thuram got pretty similar cv club/international

opinion imo

if cafu is a rwb then thuram is a cb as he played there after 02

Bayern XI: Neuer; Dante, Thiago, Martinez, Robben, Boateng, Gotze, Lahm, Alaba, Kroos, Mandzukic

lahm back at full back